Monday, April 20, 2015

FAMILY ROAD TRIP

We had been planning to go on a family trip for months. It has been a tough and wonderful year for all of us. My son was born and became the bright sunshine in our lives. Three weeks after my son was born my dad died suddenly of a heart attack. When someone in your life passes away all kinds of emotions surround the event. Traumatic events lead to learning your true blessings in life. Learning who you can count on and who you should let go of is a blessing. I am so thankful for my perfectly timed little boy who is the bright spot in all our our lives. Life is too short to spend it negative or in a state of worry. Thus our plans for vacation! 


We had the most wonderful time. My husband, mom, sister, sister's boyfriend, and my little man took a rented RV from Indiana to South Carolina. We made it to the ocean and back! We were able to take our time and be relaxed. The drive to South Carolina through the mountains in the spring is perfect. Little man saw the ocean for the first time. 





We went to an aquarium, shopping, local seafood, beautiful lake and camping all before making it to the ocean where the real fun and relaxation began. We toured a light house and nature center and relaxed on the beach for days. 



It may have been the best family vacation we have ever taken. I truly believe it was yet another turning point in this year of changes and this trip pointed us in a positive and beautiful direction. 



I am excited to announce we have unpacked all our boxes from the move and we are ready to start the renovations! 
Stay tuned for my next post on the demolition projects that have happened back at our house!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Let's chat!